Emergency Call our 1 hour emergency response Team
Without restoration and remediation, a fire has the potential to ruin your home or business. In the aftermath of a fire, your property will have smoke and fire damage as well as considerable water damage due to firefighting efforts. This is a severe problem that will require plenty of time and effort to fix. Lean on the repair and restoration experts at Elite Recovery Team to get your home or business back to a semblance of what it used to be. Our well-trained and experienced fire and water damage specialists will restore your home’s condition to its pre-fire condition. Our specialists can even get rid of the nasty smell of
smoke and the presence of soot from your carpet and upholstery. Actions to take after a fire occurs, it is imperative to take immediate action to preserve the integrity of your home or business as well as your health.
- Decrease the amount of movement in the home so that soot particles do not become embedded in the carpets or upholstery.
- If the electricity is off, remove the contents of the refrigerator and freezer. Be sure to prop the doors open as well.
- Direct everyone who enters the home to wash their hands and keep them clean to prevent further damage to the walls and upholstery.
- Put old linens along the most heavily trafficked areas.
- Protect chrome with a light coating of oil/petroleum jelly.
- Change the HVAC filter, wash the leaves of any plants and place two cheesecloths on the air registers for added protection.
What NOT to do in the Aftermath of a Fire
- Do not clean electrical appliances that were located in the vicinity of the fire/water or impacted by the fire/water. A better course of action is to reach out to Elite Recovery Team for a professional cleaning and repair.
- Do not turn on the ceiling fixtures if there is any moisture on the ceiling as the wiring might not be operable.
- Do not shampoo the carpet/upholstery or wash the building’s walls or any other painted surfaces until you have consulted with Elite Recovery Team’s cleaning specialists.
- Do not bring your clothes to a dry cleaner. If the cleaning service does not clean them in the proper manner, smoke odor could remain in the garments.
Do not consume beverages, packaged food or canned goods that were stored near areas impacted by the fire. The same is true of items sprayed with water during fire elimination efforts.